Are you a parent who is unsure about your children going back to school in the Fall? Are you considering homeschooling your child, or will your children be doing remote learning and you aren't sure how to accommodate that new schedule? Would you like a new career, teaching online (during the pandemic) and in close-contact with only a few students?
We have a great new opportunity for you! You can spend your mornings teaching your own children and start your new career at 2PM!
At The Next Street, we have gone completely virtual for our classroom experience for the rest of 2020, and while we are teaching hands-on driving to some students, we have adjusted to the current COVID-19 environment with many of our procedures (limiting number of students, cleaning of cars, etc.).
We are looking for an educator who is nice. We can train the rest. Here is some more information about the role itself-if it sounds interesting to you, we would love to hear from you!
Are YOU a kind, passionate and enthusiastic person looking for a meaningful career? Do you want to be excited to come to work every day and work for a purpose driven company that truly cares about its people? If so, we would love for you to join our outstanding team!
The Next Street, the largest and best driving school in Connecticut, is seeking a Driving Instructor to help us build out our Instruction Team.
About the Team:
Getting a license is a big deal, our team makes sure that it isn’t a big hassle for our customers. Our instruction team is paramount in teaching safe driving skills and assuring that our students graduate ready to take on the rigors of Connecticut’s roads. Our Driving Instructors help shape the drivers of tomorrow-this is an incredibly important role in our organization.
A Day in the Life of…
What does a typical day look like for a Driving Instructor? Glad you asked! Here are just some of the things you will be doing (and don’t worry, we provide lots of training and support to get you prepared for these)! Your workday typically starts around 1PM. You can expect to work until about 9PM.
- Leading classes (may be in a classroom or virtual environment) to train students on rules of the road and driver etiquette
- Facilitating instruction for students in a hands-on, behind the wheel environment to help your students gain important first-hand knowledge and experience
- Preparing lessons that are tailored to students' needs
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Teaching practical skills related to all aspects of driving in classroom and behind the wheel.
- Preparing lessons and providing instruction on the parts and functions of a vehicle, and on-road regulations.
- Helping students to develop confidence in their driving skills.
- Gaining control of the vehicle during emergency situations.
- Calming students who are in distress.
- Documenting and reporting on students' progress.
- Informing students when they are ready to take the driver's test.
- Reporting all accidents immediately to the Leaders of the organization.
You must be an experienced driver yourself, with the ability to exhibit patience and follow the rules of road. Most importantly, you must be kind. We can teach anyone to be a driving instructor, but we have found you can't teach kindness.
Here are the specific details on what you must have:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be at least 20 years old.
- Valid driving license for the minimum of 4 years.
- Clean driving record.
- Must pass a Federal background investigation.
- Must pass a State of Connecticut Department of Children & Families background investigation.
- Must pass a drug test
- Kindness, patience and enthusiasm.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to work during evenings and on weekends, as required
- Valid Driving Instructor's license or certification preferred but not required.
- Experience as a Driving Instructor preferred but not required.
- Prolonged periods of standing during classroom instruction.
- Prolonged periods of riding in a vehicle.
- Physical ability to operate an automobile.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds
Why work at “The Next Street”?
We are the only Driving School in the State of Connecticut that offers full benefits (including Medical, Vision, Dental, 401K match, etc.). We have been voted a “Best Place to Work” for several years running, and we work hard every day at making “The Next Street” a company that our employees and customers love.
These are the Core Values that we Live by...
The Next Street is a place that rewards people who embody these three things:
ALWAYS SEEK KNOWLEDGE (ASK)
Team members strive to be more valuable today than they were yesterday. They seek training and coaching. They act as the trainer and coach. They talk. Listen. Read. Watch. They help students and peers achieve new heights. After all, knowledge is power – and at The Next Street, it’s our fuel.
Our team members always look at the glass as half full, never half empty. Positive mindsets will lead to positive outcomes. Sure, bad things happen, but positivity will lessen and shorten the blow. By seeking the good in other people and the world that surrounds us, our team's positive energy will be contagious and help others be positive too. Optimism wins over pessimism every time.
JUST BE NICE
In order to make your experience special, everyone on the team needs to be passionate and positive. Good co-workers. Good neighbors. Good humans. The Next Street defines success as surrounding ourselves with people who are respected and respectful. We have a simple rule: No Donkeys.
At The Next Street, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. The Next Street believes that diversity and inclusion among our colleagues is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
The Next Street
Welcome to The Best Driving School in Connecticut. The Next Street takes the driving school experience – which is usually underwhelming – and makes it outstanding. We do this by hiring the best people to deliver our course. We strive to do it in a way that is fun and energetic, and doesn't leave our customers counting the minutes until dismissal. Beyond an outstanding curriculum, we employ a staff of good humans that like to have fun at work, but also realize the serious nature of our business. We recruit, hire and train a top tier staff that is not only service minded, but also, just really nice people. Truthfully, anyone can teach you how to drive. No one can do it like us!
The Next Street is seeking fun, creative and patient people to join our team. Full and part time positions are available throughout Connecticut.
Company Website: www.thenextstreet.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)