The Next Street Driver's Education school currently has a full-time opportunity for a Customer Service Associate which will ultimately sit in our Middlebury, CT office. This position will temporarily work-from-home until we move back into our Middlebury, CT office. We provide a Dell PC and headset.
The Starting Pay Rate for this role is $14 per hour. Our full-time roles are up to 40 hours a week, Monday through Friday, and do include a Saturday rotation.
You are enthusiastic, very detail-oriented and able to think outside of the box. You accept ownership of every customer’s inquiries and complaints via phone, email, chat and/or in person by keeping customer satisfaction at the core of every decision and behavior. You understand that customers may be upset and that it isn’t personally directed at you. You don’t mind answering the same question 100 times a day. You have been told you have the patience of a saint and that you are as cool as a cucumber.
What you’ll be doing every day:
- This is a full-time opportunity working from home on a temporary basis, and you will eventually be working from our Middlebury office.
- You will be on the phone- a lot. You MUST be comfortable talking with our customers not only via phone, but through emails and live chats as well-"Customer Service" needs to be your middle name- it is critical that we treat our customers with kindness and respect.
- Strong attention to detail is very important- you'll be entering a lot of information into our database, so it's important to be correct .
- While our customer service team is temporarily virtual, we operate as one team, you’ll be interacting with your teammates and manager on a regular basis.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- High Speed Internet access at your home
- A separate, distraction free workspace
- Prior Customer Service/ Call Center experience is a plus
- Good speaking manner and writing skills
- Ability to explain products or services, prices, and answer questions from customers
- Ability to reply and send emails daily to customers as well as other staff members
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to keep calm under pressure
- Knowledge retention
- Effective communication skills
- Strong phone and verbal communication skills
- Proficient using computer programs such as Microsoft Office, databases, CRM’s etc.
- Well organized
- Ability to work as a team player
We offer many benefits to our full-time employees, such as Health Insurance, Dental Insurance and Vision Insurance, as well as a 401k Employer Matching program. We have other benefits as well we would love to tell you about!
The Next Street is a Driver’s Education school unlike any Driver’s Education school you have seen before. We put a huge effort into surrounding ourselves with friendly, happy, energetic and all-around good people. We hire great people and teach them the skills they need to be outstanding.
On the Customer Service team, our number one priority is Service Excellence, and we don’t just say that, we live it. We are just about every customer’s first interaction with our company. Our interaction with every customer is crucial, whether it is through a phone call, an email, a chat or a text message. Our main goal is to make sure our customer’s experience in obtaining their Driver’s License is as easy as it can be!
We all embrace the three core values our company was built on: Just Be Nice, Always Seek Knowledge, and Be Positive. If these values resonate with you, you will fit right in.
At The Next Street, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. The Next Street believes that diversity and inclusion among our colleagues is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
The Next Street
Welcome to The Best Driving School in Connecticut. The Next Street takes the driving school experience – which is usually underwhelming – and makes it outstanding. We do this by hiring the best people to deliver our course. We strive to do it in a way that is fun and energetic, and doesn't leave our customers counting the minutes until dismissal. Beyond an outstanding curriculum, we employ a staff of good humans that like to have fun at work, but also realize the serious nature of our business. We recruit, hire and train a top tier staff that is not only service minded, but also, just really nice people. Truthfully, anyone can teach you how to drive. No one can do it like us!
The Next Street is seeking fun, creative and patient people to join our team. Full and part time positions are available throughout Connecticut.
Company Website: www.thenextstreet.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)