The Occupational Therapist will provide diagnostic evaluations and treatment to assigned patients, and help patients reach maximum performance level and to use skills learned to the fullest to function in the community within the limits of their capabilities.
We help people with medical changes evaluate their ability to drive, people that need adaptive driving equipment learn what they need and how to use it, and elderly drivers evaluate and assess their changing driving abilities.
We pride ourselves on our personalized approach to driver rehabilitation and will work with any person's unique needs to assure each can safely drive. No matter your physical, cognitive or visual capabilities, we can work with you to determine your safest road forward.
- Designs programs and instructs patients or families in carrying out such programs.
- Provides consultation in areas such as environmental design, adaptive equipment, proper positioning of patients
- Administers and writes evaluations of assigned patients in accordance with departmental standards and procedures, in addition to compliance with State and Federal regulations
- Maintains timely and accurate patient records and reports.
- Designs and administers treatment programs to increase patients' levels of functioning.
- Uses therapeutic exercises and activities to improve or maintain strength, range of motion, and fine-motor coordination. Instructs patients in adapted techniques and the use of adaptive equipment for driving
- Trains patients in the use of prosthetic devices for the purposes of driving
- Consults on the adaptive equipment to meet the needs of patients and/or their families
- Administers prevocational programs to prepare patients to return to or enter a work setting. Provides activities to assess patients' organizational skills, attention spans, cognitive abilities, coordination (fine and gross-motor), and adaptive-equipment needs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Comfortable with using new software
- Ability to use tools used to make adaptive equipment.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in occupational therapy required
- CDRS preferred (however, if you do not have this designation, we are happy to provide the training needed to obtain this)
- Current licensed Occupational Therapist for the State of Massachusetts or Rhode Island required
- One year of experience preferred
- Must have clean driving record and current State of Massachusetts or Rhode Island Driver's License
- May engage in movements that involve lifting equipment used in patient care, etc.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. at times
- May be sitting for extended periods
At The Next Street, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. The Next Street believes that diversity and inclusion among our colleagues is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
The Next Street
Welcome to The Best Driving School in Connecticut. The Next Street takes the driving school experience – which is usually underwhelming – and makes it outstanding. We do this by hiring the best people to deliver our course. We strive to do it in a way that is fun and energetic, and doesn't leave our customers counting the minutes until dismissal. Beyond an outstanding curriculum, we employ a staff of good humans that like to have fun at work, but also realize the serious nature of our business. We recruit, hire and train a top tier staff that is not only service minded, but also, just really nice people. Truthfully, anyone can teach you how to drive. No one can do it like us!
The Next Street is seeking fun, creative and patient people to join our team. Full and part time positions are available throughout Connecticut.
Company Website: www.thenextstreet.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)