The Customer Service Manager is a collaborative and strategic member of the Service Excellence Department at The Next Street. This role reports to the Director of Service Excellence and works closely with the License Testing Manager. They are responsible for our contact center operations and managing employees. This role is both strategic and tactical, working alongside our customer service team providing coaching and assisting in escalated customer service needs. Call Center/Contact Center experience is required for this role.
As the Customer Service Manager at The Next Street, you are the customer’s biggest advocate, and will work hard to make sure that we are meeting our high standards in serving our customers. This isn’t done through following a checklist. We pride ourselves by listening and understanding the customer’s needs, and then taking action. We work hard to not only meet, but exceed our customer’s expectations. In addition, as the Customer Service Manager, you are a culture driver within the Service Excellence Department and conduct yourself with humanity, empathy and compassion at all times.
Some of the characteristics we are looking for in our Customer Service Manager are the ability to keep cool under pressure and high emotional intelligence. This role is one where you will lead by example.
During the Coronavirus Pandemic, this job will be a work from home position, with weekly requirements in our Middlebury, CT Headquarters. Once the pandemic is over and we have determined it is safe to return to the office, this will be a full time, in-office position at our Middlebury, CT Headquarters. There may be some ability to work from home/remote work when necessary.
- Lead, motivate and develop employees into a high performing team that exceeds our customer’s expectations while achieving business goals
- Provide day to day leadership, direction and vision to the team, through coaching, mentoring, fielding questions, and providing feedback on customer issues
- Constantly drives team strategies in accordance with department vision and company goals
- Handle all tier-2 escalated customer complaints
- Contributing member of The Next Streets Leadership Team
- Comfortable with public speaking and ability to hold company-wide training and lectures
- Top advocate for the customer and your team
- Meet weekly with department managers to discuss the state of the department
- Work closely with other department managers and teams to achieve the best possible outcomes
- Elevate ideas and suggestions from CSRs to the leadership team to help empower and improve overall business performance and the customer experience.
Culture and Values
- Accountable for creating a great work environment and building trusting relationships with the team
- Ensure that the team is achieving established metric targets, and if not, developing action plans to put in place for employees to achieve targets.
- Provide proper guidance and ongoing coaching to CSRs as needed
- Prepare and deliver bi-weekly scorecards, and yearly reviews for CSR’s
- Schedule, prepare and lead bi-weekly one on one coaching sessions with each team member, as well as a bi-weekly team huddle
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training and termination for all direct reports
Reports and Metrics
- Create reports and take action based on analysis to reinforce strengths and effectively address areas of opportunity
- Using data create future call forecasts using arrival patterns and staffing models
- Responsible for keeping call queue time low, and willing to help in the contact center when the wait is high
- Create all daily working schedules for CSR’s and submitting Payroll each week
- High School or equivalent – College degree or some college preferred
- At least 7 years of Customer Service experience – including 3 years of managing a team
- Must have experience using and managing a Contact Center – NICE inContact and Jive preferred
- Demonstrated coaching, leadership and performance evaluation skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills specifically Word and Excel
- Flexibility to work a non-traditional schedule on a year-round basis including extended hours in emergencies
Please submit a Cover Letter in order to be considered for this role-this is a requirement and you will not be considered if this is not included.
About The Next Street:
The Next Street Driving School is unlike any company you have seen before. We put a huge effort into surrounding ourselves with positive, friendly, happy, energetic and all-around great people. We hire these great people and teach them the skills they need to be outstanding. This mission became a reality when we were voted the Happiest Company in the Country by TinyPulse.
Our number one priority is Service Excellence, and we don’t just say that, we live it. We have an industry leading Service Excellence Department that is not just our contact center representatives, it includes everyone at our company from our CEO to our interns.
Here at The Next Street we have an outstanding Service Excellence Department. We are nearly every customer’s first interaction with our company, and we expect that first interaction to pave the way for an outstanding experience throughout.
At The Next Street, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. The Next Street believes that diversity and inclusion among our colleagues is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
The Next Street
Welcome to The Best Driving School in Connecticut. The Next Street takes the driving school experience – which is usually underwhelming – and makes it outstanding. We do this by hiring the best people to deliver our course. We strive to do it in a way that is fun and energetic, and doesn't leave our customers counting the minutes until dismissal. Beyond an outstanding curriculum, we employ a staff of good humans that like to have fun at work, but also realize the serious nature of our business. We recruit, hire and train a top tier staff that is not only service minded, but also, just really nice people. Truthfully, anyone can teach you how to drive. No one can do it like us!
The Next Street is seeking fun, creative and patient people to join our team. Full and part time positions are available throughout Connecticut.
Company Website: www.thenextstreet.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)